CareerLMS is a product from BUTSPRO. Any additional privacy related questions and the policies mentioned below is owned by BUTSPRO.
We carry out all processing operations in compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
What information we collect about you:
We collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, phone number, postal address, billing information, information you input in open text fields in help/contact us/feedback forms
- Information about your business such as company name, company size, industry, and company contact information.
- Your profile information like profile photo, display name, job title and other details to be displayed in our Services.
- Content you upload to the Services such as files and internet links. Although CareerLMS owns the code, databases and all rights to the Services, Customers retain ownership, control and all rights to their records and data which are their property.
- Content usage information such as what content is already seen, time spent on content, content interactions and other details related to usage.
- Information about how you interact with our Services including the features you use; the links you click on; the type, size and filenames of attachments you upload to the Services; frequently used search terms; and how you interact with others on the Services.
- Device information such as your connection type, device operating system, browser type, IP address, URLs of referring/exit pages and crash data.
- Information submitted to our customer support, such as contact information, problem summary, and any other documentation, screenshots or information that would be helpful in resolving an issue submitted.
- We do not store your credit card information in our systems. All credit card transactions are processed using secure encryption – the same level of encryption used by leading banks. Card information is transmitted, stored and processed securely at gateways on a PCI-compliant network.
How we use information we collect:
We use this information to:
- Schedule your demo requests.
- Send you purchase confirmation.
- Administer your account.
- Handle customer service requests.
- Send you marketing communications.
- For research and development and improvement of the Services.
- To communicate with you about the Services.
- For customer support to resolve technical issues and repair and improve the Services.
- To monitor suspicious or fraudulent activity, verify accounts and to identify violations of Service policies
- To protect our legal rights and legitimate business interests
Sharing of personal information:
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as processing your payments. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may disclose personal information in the good faith that we are required to do so by law, including but not limited to disclosure to law enforcement or other government officials in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose you or us to legal liability.
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt out of receiving such emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email you receive from us.
If you are having difficulty unsubscribing from our marketing emails using the above methods, please contact us directly at the email [email protected].
Exercising your rights:
You have the right to rectify inaccurate or incomplete personal information, request deletion of your personal information, or request that we no longer use it. You may request information on personal data collected, used, disclosed or processed by CareerLMS, as well as a request for rectification, or erasure, or object to our processing of your personal data. Upon request, CareerLMS will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. Furthermore, you may also be able to exercise the following rights to restrict processing, data portability, and lodge a complaint with a data protection authority.
In particular, you have the right to object and withdraw your consent, in whole or in part, to the collection, use, disclosure or processing of your personal data for purposes of dispatch of advertising material, direct selling or for the fulfillment of marketing surveys or email.
In order to exercise your rights above and/or submit inquiries or complaints with regard to our processing of your personal data, you may send a request to our email address [email protected]. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
The security of your personal information is important to us.
We follow generally accepted security standards to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful loss, alteration, or unauthorized access.
By using the Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. You may have a legal right to receive written notice of a data privacy or security breach depending on where you live. If you have any reason to believe that your interactions with the Services are no longer secure, please notify us immediately at [email protected].
If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at [email protected].
Disclosures specific to the CareerLMS platform/service:
An individual who seeks access, or who wants to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to the CareerLMS’s Client (the data controller).
We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our Clients for as long as needed to provide services to our Client. CareerLMS will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.